Guys:

Thanks for the replies. Boat's Max HP is 140. I can't afford new, so
that leaves whatever comes in used, and I need a 20" shaft, and those
140's don't come in all that often. I was afraid that 115 would not
give me the power increase I was looking for.

OK, the other possibility is a used Suzuki 115 2stroke. Owned by a
little old lady who only used it to go to church..... Actually owned by
an older gent who wants 4stroke technology. Probably has 150 hours on
it -- easy hours.

Lastly, I could go with a merc optimax, but I hear mixed things about
those engines. I think Suzuki blows them out of the water (no pun
intended).

What do you guys think?

Joe