Nick Phillips

I restored a South Coast 22 about 6 years ago. The boat had a fixed keel,
and the rudder post went through-hull about 2 feet forward of the transom.
Is this the rudder configuration you have? If so, it's going to be a
challenge setting up a swing rudder. Nothing is impossible, but some things
are more difficult than others. If the rudder configuration is as I
mentioned, you might be better to remove and store the original, and build a
tip-up that attaches on the transom. If that sounds resonable, I could
probably make you some sketches.

Regards,
Nick

"L Schultz" wrote in message
I put in on an inland lake in the Midwest US. This year so far they are
maintaining a significantly lower water level, and the spot I have for a
pier has me in about 14 to 18 inches of water. The boat itself has no
problems (22' South Coast) needing really only 10-12 inches depth with the
keel up, but I have a standard (non-swinging) rudder that appears to need
24-30 inches (+/-) depth.

Does anyone know of any sites that have general plans for building a swing
rudder? Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Lloyd

"Nollite illegitimus contarere vos"