Larry W4CSC

Lars, have you ever considered a Yeoman paper chart plotter?
http://www.yeomanuk.co.uk/home/index2.htm
You can calibrate 3 points on any map, even a common road map, and use the
Yeoman to plot courses, find azimuth and distance and the lat/long of any
point on the map...just by clicking the "mouse" of the plotter puck.

We use ours to provide hourly plots on paper charts from our NMEA network
data and for trip planning as paper charts are much easier to use than
stupid, slow-loading GPS plotter charts jumping around. If all the
electronics goes tits up, including the Yeoman, we can still see our course
and current position on the plastic overlay we draw on over the paper
chart. If the Yeoman survives the blast, I can plug the handheld GPS into
it and just continue to use the handheld and Yeoman to provide navigation.

"Lars E." wrote in news
Hello,

I am considering buying i.e the Raymarine RC435 GPS Chartplotter.
The problem is that there are no detailed maps in my area.
I have access to a very good layered map on a vector format.
Does anyone know if it is somehow possible to use my
own maps with the RC435?
Is there any other product that I might use?

I am willing to do some software programming myself.
If someone could help me with information on the format
that the RC435 needs that would be great.

Best Regards,
Lars E.