For my guyfriend's birthday I want to get him a book on kayaking. He
goes regularly and actually recently started a new job as a tour

guide.
He is from NC, so I was thinking about a book with rivers and such.
There are many to choose from, can you give me some input?

I am more into sea paddling, but here's a few:

My favourite is Blazing Paddles, by Brian Wilson, about his epic tour
around Scotland.

Deep Trouble, by Matt Broze and George Gronseth, about what can go
wrong on long paddles at sea, which also can apply to river paddling.

A thick bible about everything paddelable, if there is such a word,
especially useful for guides and coaches, is the BCU Canoe and Kayak
Handbook.

If he ever plan to buy a folding kayak there is one that one should
start with: Complete Folding Kayaker, by Ralph Diaz.

All available from Amazon.com, or Amazon.co.uk

Yours,

Tord

www.foldingkayaks.org/gallery/tord