Default Another single hand/sailboat choice question

A number of months ago I began my search for a sailboat. I am an upper
Chesapeake sailor who, a few years down the road, will do some coastal
cruising. I am looking for a boat that I can sail solo (I want to sail
solo - if I wanted to hook-up with crew, I would have taken up golf),
but that can also confortably accomodate three adults for a weekend
cruise.But the principal criteria is its ease/security in solo sailing.
I am a retiring athlete and I am sick of racing, so I have no interest
in Type-A sailing.I prefer a stable boat; i.e., one that can be out
there when most of the other boats have left (I still like adventure).
On the other hand, I do not want a boat that will DNF (did not finish)
in light air.I started with many boats on my list, admittedly 35 plus
ft. After taking ASA 101-104 and gaining more experience, I have come
to realize that smaller is better. I have read every book available on
solo sailing and I am aware of the rigging, equipment, etc. recommended
for single handing. I want to stay under 50k. I prefer, but am not
married to, 'classic plastic',and I prefer solid hull boats. Also note;
I plan to use a mooring so as to avoid the difficulties of leaving and
returning to a slip. My short list:
-I really like the Bristol 'decimal' line (29.9, 31.1, 35.5),
though I am aware that they are relatively slow and bad at backing
under motor.
-The Sabre 30-34 are on my list
-The Hunter Cherubini's 30,33, even 37 seem to be a real value,
though the 'owner's forums' are full of wet deck/rudder-problem
stories.
I have been on the 'owner's forums' for all of these boats and have
solicited opinions. Any neutral/objective suggestions. My strategy at
this point is to go with the 'best condition' boat that I can find
under 50k.I, of course, will get it surveyed. Brian, Havre de Grace