John K Kudera

There are shallow spots on the ICW between Atlantic City and Manasquan, but
there should be few problems for your trawler, it is (or was) well marked
and in summer heavily used by power boats, a low bridge at route 37 is less
than 50 feet, there was construction in the canal also, check out the notice
to mariners about that. Otherwise, stay in the channel, will be a good trip.
best of luck.
"Tamaroak" wrote in message
Next month I'm bringing a trawler with a 4' draft up the coast of New
Jersey. I've read some information stating that most avoid the ICW and run
the outside. I'm wondering what the best way to go and why people do this,
the draft, bad scenery, hassles with the markings?

How about that section betweewn Little Egg Inlet and Manasquan Inlet; that
looks pretty easy....

And what would be some good anchorages or marinas along there?

Thanks

Capt. Jeff