John Fereira

"Padeen" wrote in
:

The classic, of course, is Wm Nealy's "Kayak: A Manual of Technique".
Get him this and bundle it with "Whitewater Home Companion: Volume 1 &
2" and he'll have lots to think about! Search Amazon for "William
Nealy" for more info.

The Nealy books are good choices if he's a white water kayaker but the OP
mentioned taht he recently got a job as a tour guide so it's unclear what
kind of paddling he's actually doing.

If he's sea kayaking I recommend Pam Malec's "Guide to Sea Kayaking in North
Carolina". There are lots of good books on technique but recommending
something depends on his interest and experience. Nigel Fosters "Surf
Kayaking" might be good if he's near the coast. One of his DVD's from his
instruction series would also be good. Derek Hutchinson's books as well.
I also highly recommend both of Chris Duff's books; "On Celtic Tides" and
"Southern Exposure".

wrote in message
oups.com...
For my guyfriend's birthday I want to get him a book on kayaking. He
goes regularly and actually recently started a new job as a tour
guide.
He is from NC, so I was thinking about a book with rivers and such.
There are many to choose from, can you give me some input?

Thanks
-Megan