DSK

Roger Long wrote:
Cool! I was supposed to be going through there in about two weeks. The
best laid plans...

Jeff wrote:
In case you haven't guessed, this is the Waterford Flight, the first 5
locks in the new Erie Canal.

??

How "new" is it?

Anyway, I'm not going to say you're wrong, but it looks nothing at all
like my charts of the area. We were just reviewing that chart book,
planning a Great Loop cruise.

... It is also where the Champlain Canal
starts.

No, that's not true. The Champlain Canal starts many miles up the
Hudson. The *route* to the Champlain Canal, and thence to Lake
Champlain, starts there.

... The Waterford Flight is the largest lift in the shortest
distance of any lock system in the world.

Take a look at Dempolis, Alabama.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King