Armond Perretta

engsol wrote:

I've recently seen the term "linear mooring", but I'm not sure
what it is. The only thing that comes to mind is the moorings
at Avalon Harbor, Catalina Island.

I have never heard this specific term, but it sounds like the setup in
Wickford RI.

On each side of the dredged entrance channel, all the way into the harbor,
the town has set pilings in a row. The boats are moored with a line from
the bow to the forward piling, and a line from the stern to the aft piling.
Sounds a bit awkward, but they have been doing it this way for quite some
time, and it's not as inconvenient as it first appears for visitors.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat