Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Beginner

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 01:27:23 -0500, Ishrat Zahid
wrote:

Hi all:

I'm new to the group. Just wondering if this the right forum to rais
this question?
I want to get started with boats, ('ve never done that), want to find
out a cheaper way to start/try
out. Any clubs who would rent boats for members in northeast US (NH,
MA)? Any other tips/things
I should know? Thanks for spending few minutes of yours on me!

Steve had a good answer - take a USCG Aux or US Power Squadron course
and get to know some of the folks there. Usually they can point you
in a direction or perhaps take you for a ride.

However, it also depends on what kind of boating you want to do. If
you are looking into fishing, join a local club, get active and you'll
have plenty of opportunities. If it's sailing, join a sailing club.
Look around.

As to renting boats, take a ride along the shoreline where you want to
boat and look at bait shops and marinas. East of the River here in
CT, there are a bunch of places along Route One that rent boats - not
power boats, but small skiffs, sail boats and the like.

Good luck.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT