Dan Krueger

Look for a dipstick. That would make it a four stroke. If it is, it
was probably made by Suzuki.

Dan

N.L. Eckert wrote:
OK, I've skippered my big boat for awhile and feel pretty good about my
knowledge on her, but when I boat a used tender that came with this 1996
9.9 Evinrude (my first tender), I realized, I don't know jack about
these things. Like are they 2 or 4 strokers? How do I operate one? Since
it is used, I don't have any manuals, and I can't even find the model
number. So in essence I am wondering if any of you nice folks out there
have either all the answers, or can point me in the directions for
answers. Much obliged for any help. Sorry for being such a rookie. Oh,
by the way, I have searched Google and the internet as much as I can for
info, and I can get an owner's manual, but it will take a minimum of 3
weeks to get here, and I at least need to know the model number to order
one.
DK

I would think that any local Evinrude dealer could tell you if its 2 or
4 stroke as well as anything else you need to know about the engine.

Good luck & happy boating,
Norm