Clams Canino

I define longevity in decades.......... not years. :P

-W

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
tony thomas wrote:
1. Get max hp the boat is rated for.
2. Don't get the optimax (longevity is a potential problem)
3. Get whichever of the Yamaha or Merc is cheaper. If both the same

price
I would go w/ Merc since parts tend to be slightly cheaper.

You have some reliable statistics that posit that "longevity" on an
Optimax is a "potential problem." Over the course of more than four
seasons, I had no problems with my v6 Opti. The guy who bought my old
rig put two more seasons on it, and he hasn't had any problems, either.
Salt water use.

Bush and the NeoConvicts who control him
are destroying the once-great United States.