Doug Dotson

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:29:01 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

Those have been on the market at our local Costco for
a couple of years. More impressive is the 1000 Watt model
for $69.

======================

Didn't see that one. Does it have a digital voltmeter also?

Not as I recall, but that is unnessary inasmuch as battery monitor should be
instlled in any setup large enough to use a 1000W inverter.

1000 watts is a bit on the large side in my opinion unless you go for
the full hard wired, inverter/charger set up,

This one was wired in. 1000W out of a cigarette lighter plug would be
a bit much.

although I guess it
might be handy for occasional use with tools, microwave, etc.

We use ours mostly for the laptop, but also for the microwave, vacuum
cleaner, etc.

I get a
lot of mileage out of the small inverters running laptops in the boats
and cars.

If that is all you need then the 300W is good. I just saw a bunch af 300W
inverters for $19 today at a hamfest/