Hi
Lots of scandinavian boats are same family, when you know the origine
you also can follow tradision past centuries find details that very
different vessels share but you also find "dinosaurs" boat types that
had their use for centuries that suddenly disapear. --- But I guess I
know what you are talking about and fact is that they still exist these
wonders of small boats where you just give the boat a push and then it
will start move maby 10 meters and you will stand wondering if anyone
else given it a push as so good can no boat hull perform. There are
_many_ different fantastic small boat types ,Norway I guess show some
of the best but also sweden and denmark have their wonderfull small
boat types ,still in such small an arear everyone are influenced by
everyone , so yes I know or rather I knew a lot about specific small
boat types infact that much that I simply had to build one.
Still most of these and the best of them are clinker build they are so
to carry the extra strength and at the same time be light weight but
lapstrake building is a craft that soon will be lost .