DSK

JG wrote:
Have you every had to do one? If so, how did you do it? Obviously, something
like the LifeSling isn't going to do anything. Of course, you need to get
next to the person (I prefer to put the boat on the windward side), but then
what? Given that most sailboats have a fair amount of freeboard, it may not
be quite so simple as to "just attach a line to them and haul them in,"
especially if the person is larger vs. smaller.

I'm familiar with the various techniques out there.. like using a sail or
putting a dinghy in the water. I'm more interested in what has actually
worked (or not worked).

IMHO the most effective way is to put a rescue swimmer in the water.
Even working from a dinghy will be much slower & less effective.

I've never pulled an unconscious person from the water, but a few who
were so far gone with hypothermia that they could do nothing to help
themselves.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King