William G. Andersen

Default Insurance: what's the difference?

What's the difference in insurance coverage between marine insurance like
BoatUS and USAA, Progressive, etc?
Seems to me that the real difference is that marine insurance would cover me
in the case of fuel/oil spills as well as crashing, sinking or theft.
My runabout's insured with USAA and I think the policy only covers liability
if I hurt someone. That was all I was initially concerned about - same as
car insurance.
I then bought BoatUS Towing and Trailer Coverage - haven't needed a tow yet,
but did use them when my tow vehicle wouldn't restart and I was on the
launch ramp.