David Moore

I have a Yanmar 3QM30-F and have maintained this excellent engine for the
past 13 years.

I have found an excellent product for rust. It is made by Rustolium (
http://www.wellspent.org/Product?p=34423 ) and when used it will convert
rust into a smooth paintable surface. I simply rough up the surface to
remove any loose iron oxide. I then paint on this product. It will turn the
metal black when it dries. A spray coat of the Yanmar gray paint is then
applied.

That's it.

Here is a link to a photo of my engine.
http://www.fantasia35.com/images/hull-78-sound-13.jpg

Good Luck,
David

"Boris Dobrowolsky" wrote in message
.. .
I have a Yanmar 1GM10. Because of some leaks I have various areas that have
rusted. I would like to repaint them. What do I use and how do I go about
it?
Thanks
Boris