Terry Spragg

Skipper wrote:

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:19:02 +0100, Len
wrote:

The missus and I are preparing our boat and ourselves for a RTW-trip
in a few years. My attention was drawn to the story of the two yachts
that succesfully defended themselves from pirates in the Yemen area.

In the ever ongoing weapons discussion I take a moderate position.
I know I'll be on my own, in known risky places preferably accompanied
by a few other yachts in a convoy. SSB is your friend here...

But when problems do arise I want to have a choice.
Depending on the situation I want to make a choice between a)
waving/using a gun and b) let it lie in it's place...,

*snip!

Regards,
Len.

Len,
Never show a weapon. Never brandish or wave a weapon. It sounds
like you really need some defensive training.

Right on! Maintain surprise options. I still prefer the beer can
full of gas and zippo flame thrower for overall effect. Oh, and a
kevlar life jacket.

Terry K