Gary S.

On 16 Mar 2005 08:37:24 -0800, (Anna) wrote:

I am working on the problem of ghost traps in a fishermen community of
the coast of the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. We would like to do some
escape panels on traps (there is no legislation about this in Mexico).
We would like to fasten the door to the traps with cotton twine.
We need more information on the biodegradability of cotton twine: do
you have an approximative idea of the time for a cotton twine (wich
size) to rot??

The State of Maine has a similar requirement for lobster traps.
Searching through their fishing regs may help.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA