Roger Long

Are you sure your engine is set up for hand starting?

Yes, I saw the crank. It's the raw water cooled version. I have the
service manual and it shows a hand crank setup for the fresh water
version as well.

I hear from another source that it's a rather athletic undertaking and
a second person to close the compression release is a necessity.

Also heard from another owner of the same boat who has run it exactly
the way I describe for 17 years without a problem. I think I'll just
leave the battery switch on boat all the time.

--

Roger Long