Meindert Sprang

"engsol" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:02:18 +0100, "Meindert Sprang"

wrote:

When you are installing this stuff for living, you very soon learn to
appreciate the absence of fixed connectors on cables..... or do you want

make all holes in bulkeads bug enough for all connectors to push
through..... just once.....

Meindert

Am I over looking something? Can't the cable be routed,
then the connectors installed? Might make a neater
installation, avoiding coils of excess cable....or cables
which might be too short.

No, you're not overlooking. But it just feels plain stupid to first cut the
plugs, route the cables and then reassemble them. What would you like to do
most: solder a plug with tiny contacts or just strip the wire, crimp on a
pin and screw them into a screw terminal?

And believe me, it's not just theory but this is backed up with
measurements: a 4800 baud signal is just not going to produce interference
because the last inch is not screened and connected to screw terminals. They
are physically too small to be able to radiate enough energy to interfere
with an SSB.

Meindert