Gavin Collinson

"New Conservative" wrote in message
Hi all,

First of all, what's a "survey" - when is it necessary and how much
does it cost?

Next: How long would it take to sail single-handedly from S/England to
the Windward Islands

Next: If one ends up in some distant safe harbor somewhere abroad;

Finally, what's the difference between a "berth" and a "cabin"?

I realize these are stupid questions, but beg your indulgence.

I fear that you are in great danger of killing yourself and your crew with
your incompetence and stupidity. This range of questions imply that you
really have not a clue. If you take any training, you will realise that the
sea is a very unforgiving environment. I strongly recommend that you start
to learn to sail not on the internet but on a boat. Go out this weekend -
take a course in a boat on the water. You are a very long way from taking a
boat on the sea let alone the ocean.

Gavin