-v-

Default Taki Tooo disaster - Garibaldi, Oregon

"Carl" wrote in message
om...
Change the law! My dad was killed on that boat. Chapter 46, Code of
Federal Regulation, part 185.508 needs to be changed to take the
decision to make the passengers wear PFD's out of the hands of the
master of a vessel. Make it a requirement to wear PFD's when crossing
any inlet or bar. To bulky, or cumbersome? Got to be macho? Then
you're stupid, and selfish. Wearing a PFD for 10 (ten) minutes while
crossing an inlet or bar will not ruin your trip. Not wearing a PFD
could end up costing you your life, and those that love you a large
chunk of theirs. I ask that you contact your senators and congressmen
and ask them to change this ambiguous law to be more specific. If not
every time when crossing a bar or inlet, then at a minimum when the
Coast Guard has issued a small craft advisory. Great to be
macho...DUMB to be dead.

If you want to wear one, wear one.
No one is stopping you.
I will decide for myself, thanks.