Clams Canino

Default Update.

Hmmmmm

He's come and gone. He *really* wanted me to kiss off the outboard with a
skeg / prop repair and powertrim seal job - and then have to pay for just
the hull and trailer. I kinda played dumb till he dug in a little. I asked
him how we could know, since the impact inertia ripped so many bolts and
fittings loose, how the 8 bolts and aluminum leg casting on my outboard
fared unscathed.

The way I *want* it to go is that the entire package is totaled and I get to
buy the outboard back for salvage / scrap. - Then and only then will I
accept the risks associated with using an outboard that saw that much
trauma. Odds are the impact could have damaged the (designed too thin) part
of the block casting between the exhaust outlets, not super critical - but
requires dissasembly down to the block casting to get it gas-welded back to
correct. 1/2 the ones I take apart are damaged for no good reason. No way
I'd let that kind of stress go unchecked.

He's not the final arbiter - the insurance adjuster is.

Now, as for a *new* hull...........

Best I can seem to find is 7k for a 16' or 8k for a 17' - with Mercury
pre-rig, no OB.

He's not the final arbiter - the insurance adjuster is.

None of them yet know that I salvage specificly Mercury inline 6 OB's for a
"hobby".

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from to

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
He cometh at 9am tomorrow. I'm ready.

-W

--

PLEASE NOTE: Email address change from

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
Was contacted by their insurance co this AM. Next step is that they

send
some independant appraiser to my front yard to see the boat. So... now

I'm
waiting for said appraiser to contact me to make appointment. sigh

-W