Dave Skolnick

Default Police Marine Units

Ah-ha! Someone who agrees with me! I usually work the road after dark, and
my biggest pet-peeve is business checks and residential checks. I take it
personally if my sector has a burglary when I'm working because I'm very
thorough. The crime rate in my sector dropped 10% last year, which I'm very
proud of and attribute to high visibility patrol after dark. I plan on doing
the same thing with the Marine Unit by patrolling the channels and such.
Thanks.

Marina fairways?

Also visit and get to know the marina operators and liveaboards. In
areas where liveaboards aren't strictly legal, you'll find there are
still people who "spend significant amounts of time on their boats."
Think of them as built-in neighborhood watch. Sailboats with wind
generators and solar panels are highly likely to be home to someone who
keeps their eyes peeled. Worth getting to know the locals and welcoming
the transients.

Good luck and be safe.

dave