BB

Default Electric Trailer Brakes in Salt Water - Am I Nuts?

If the brakes get wet (with salt water) they will rust.
No amount of fresh water flushing will prevent it..
I had onboard fresh water system that sprayed water in the drums to flush
out the salt after launch, slowed the damage, but still ended up with rusted
junk for brakes.
Didn't try disk type brakes, might have been better.
I don't believe salt water and brakes are compatable, electric or otherwise

Bill

"JDavis1277" wrote in message
Yes, I think you're nuts.

Surge brakes are tried and true. Your salesman likes electric brakes? Do

they
cost more? You'll have to install a controller in the tow vehicle. If,

for
any reason, you'd need to tow the trailer with another vehicle you'll have

use one with a controller installed.

Electric brakes are fine for RVs and such.

Butch