Meindert Sprang

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Tony MS" wrote in
:

http://www.thomasknauf.de/seatalk.htm

Thank you for the link. I didn't have that one....

Don'tcha just love it when they invert the data and try to obscure
everything just so noone's proprietary equipment will talk to each other
without paying extra for inter-operability punishments.

Coincidentally this is not the reason with Raymarine. First of all, there's
no paying involved because Ray keeps the protocol to themselves. But, for a
very good reason: they claim that their equipment is safe and that you can
rely on it, no matter what. The moment they allow someone else on "their"
Seatalk bus, they cannot hold that claim anymore because they're dependent
on someone elses reliability. You wouldn't believe the amount of testing
they did on my multiplexers in order to become an approved supplier to them.

Meindert