Peggie Hall

My question is, do I need to install a macerator pump in order to shred
and pump out the "chalupas" - or will I be fine with my current setup.
Will the "chalupas" clog the whale gusher? or what other problems
might occur?

Paul gave you good information...solid waste is 75% water to begin with,
so it breaks up very easily as it goes through the plumbing to the tank
and dissolves very quickly in the tank. So a manual diaphragm pump is no
more likely to clog than a macerator pump unles something else that
shouldn't have gone down the toilet in the first place manages to make
it into the tank...in which case, the macerator is MORE likely to clog.

Nor, as long as only cheap (except when it's labeled "marine") flimsy
"quick dissolve" TP is used, is there any reason to avoid flushing TP.
To know whether any TP is safe for use in a marine toilet, tear off a
sheet a put it in a glass of water....if in an hour, if it's still an
intact--or mostly intact--sheet, it should not be flushed. But if the
water is milky and all that's left of the TP is a little "snow," there's
no reason not to flush it, 'cuz it'll do the same thing even before it
gets to the tank.

However, an overload of even quick-dissolve TP can cause a clog...but
only a temporary one that's no cause for panic. Wait an hour...it will
dissolve on its own. That is, if that's all it is, and not something
else that should not have been flushed. The ONLY things that should ever
go down ANY marine toilet are waste and quick-dissolve TP...nothing
else, not even a toothpick. "Flushable" or "septic tank safe" in a
household toilet does NOT mean that it can flushed down a marine toilet.

Sorry for the somewhat disgusting post, but sometimes a man has to doo
what a man has to doo.

"Urine" and "solid waste" are such simple non-disgusting terms...I've
wondered for years why so many people feel it necessary to put an
amazing amount of creativity into avoiding using 'em.

--
Peggie