beaufortnc

Default A hesitant question about heads

Sorry to even ask this question - hope no one is eating dinner.

My holding tank is plumbed to discharge overboard (3 miles out) with a
whale gusher pump. (This boat is new to me) -

So far, I've been able to avoid putting, eh...., let's just call them,
"chalupas", in the holding tank. But, this will eventually have to
change.

My question is, do I need to install a macerator pump in order to shred
and pump out the "chalupas" - or will I be fine with my current setup.
Will the "chalupas" clog the whale gusher? or what other problems
might occur?

Right now the setup works great, but it has only had to deal with
numero uno so far.

Sorry for the somewhat disgusting post, but sometimes a man has to doo
what a man has to doo.

Thanks,

Mike.