Rick Morel

The best tip is find a place to anchor or tie up before dark. If you
find one "early", it's best to use it. Don't be afraid to ask the
tugboat skippers if there's anything nearby. They'll gladly tell you.
In fact they can be very helpful.

I've done the New Iberia, LA / Pensacola, FL run quite a few times;
once from Port Arthur, TX to New Iberia.

Don't sweat New Orleans. Try to hit the Harvey lock early in the day;
enjoy the run downriver, pass the River Walk, to the Inner Harbor Nav
Canal and lock.

Email me if you want more info. Garmin waypoints?

Rick

On 31 Jan 2005 12:09:20 -0800, wrote:

My wife and I will be bringing our new (to us) sailboat back to
Pensacola from Galveston around the end of March. As we have never
made this trip before (we intend to go ICW) we would be interestd in
hearing from those who have. Of particular concern is the transit
through New Orleans. Any tip you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Grant & Christie Ziebell
Pensacola, FL