peter

ChipsCheeseandMayo wrote:
Hi there,

snip

Thanks very much for your help.

I can't help with the emptying bit, but regarding getting them back in
their boat...
Are you still using the method where you hold their kayak alongside
your own, facing the opposite direction, with your arms round/over the
front of their cockpit? After a number of actual and near back injuries
from using this technique at places that I've taught, we started using
an alternative method, whereby you hold their boat sideways in front of
you, on top of your boat, with you facing forwards, arms out front - ie
no back twisting. The victim then climbs onto the front of your boat
and into theirs. In my experience this is much easier for both rescuer
and victim, and requires less physical strength. HTH