Harry Krause

Default Rec.boats ??

noah wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:32:47 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

I drove (nearly) the length of the Mohawk River (NYS Barge Canal)
today, and didn't see one boat except for a sweet CC with twin Merc's,
under tow. It looked like an offshore, and I have no idea what they
were doing up here. It is a bit icy, chunky, and white. Did see one
flock of about 200 Mallard ducks coming off the river near
Canajoharie, headed South- a pretty sight.

We were visited by about a zillion geese and ducks who I suppose are
headed to Bal Harbour or wherever they winter. You think they're
attracted by the bags of corn I toss out and the "Hunters Will Be Shot
on Sight" signs I post?

They are beautiful, aren't they?
I do hunt them, I'll be honest, but they are wonderful birds.

Regards,
noah

One of the most beautiful sights boaters on the Bay here see in the late
fall: the geese on their way south. It's a breathtaking thing to see:
huge flights, hundreds and sometimes a thousand birds in a vee that
stretches as far as the eye can see.

--
Email sent to is never read.