Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have a Sevylor HF280 inflatable. The directions suggest
only using a motor with a 15" shaft. The MK is 30". Where
do I measure to adjust the MK shaft down so that it would sit
in the water at the same depth as a typical 15" length motor,
or in other words the Sevylor motor that they sell.

The obvious answer might be at 15" I assume but I'm not
sure if it might actually be a bit lower since I would think
even with a 15" motor the attachment to the transom might be
lower than the very top of the whole unit.

I think you're thinking about this WAAAAAAY too much. Clamp the MinnKota on
the back, adjust the motor so that the prop doesn't cavitate (suck air down
through the water to the prop) and "let'er rip".

While prop height is critical on a performance boat hull, unless you're
attempting a world speed record for inflatables, don't sweat it.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com