Bib

Concepts 2 Indoor rowing machine. Bought one 3 years ago as the New
England winter weather does not lend itself to sea kayaking. Aside
from the Klepper, the Concepts 2 is one of my better purchases. Not
inexpensive but worth every lost pound. I was 54 when I bought it for
the same reason you are looking now. Many health clubs have this
model row machine. Here is web site URL for company www.concepts.com.
Very glad I didn't waste money on health club membership and bought
row machine instead. While it doesn't mimic kayak paddling, you can
really get a tremendous workout and in my seaworthy opinion, it has
helped tremendously in my actual kayaking. Would suggest you check
with medical doc before any strenuous exercising especially for folks
over 50.
--
Big Island Bob