David&Joan

Jerry:

I have a Caribe 9X with the Tohatsu 9.8. As Wayne suggests in his post, I
changed the prop to a flatter pitch and it made a huge difference. I ordered
the prop thru BoatUS who sells the equivalent Nissan O/B. It cost about $65.
The flatter pitch prop lets me plane with about 400 lbs of load whereas
before I could only plane with about 200 lbs (me).

David

"Jerry" wrote in message
We have a 9' Caribe MVP with a 9.8 Tohatsu. With one person in the boat it
moves very well but put a second person in it it really slows down. I
bought the 9.8 because of the weight. I am told the 9.9. has more torque
than the 9.8. Does anyone have a similar setup. Any suggestions on
improving the power. The boat will take up to a 15hp but that might be a
bit of overkill.

Jerry