Evan Gatehouse

Mobey Dick wrote:
i am thinking of going long distance cruising and am considering a
catamaran - round 40 ft - as opposed to previous thoughts of 45ft mono. I
need soemthing that is seaworthy for cross atlantic voyages etc, not just in
harbour.

Has anybody on this group any practical experience/advice of cats in this
way (please no stability debates)?

thanks

There are lot of cats around that size that are suitable for ocean
passages.

I'd suggest Chris White's book "The Cruising Multihull" as a good book
to start

For ocean passages, high bridgedeck clearance is vital. A lot of the
Prouts and several of the S.AFrican cats aren't so good in that regard.
I'd suggest 2' as a bare minimum WHEN LOADED FOR CRUISING, not empty.

We've got a Woods 40' "Meander" that we like but there is a large number
of catamarans that would be suitable.

Evan Gatehouse