Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:17:11 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

That rings a bell and I think you might be right. The shoal being
shallower than charted may have been a secondary factor.

I don't think it would have been GPS in those days. Probably Loran.

Can't tell what you are talking about. Both the QE2 and Nantucket
shoals incident are quite recent. The QE2 was a chart problem, since
corrected, and had nothing to do with autopilot or any other automated
gear.

The Nantucket shoals incident was from a system that ran on DR for
600+ miles with the GPS disconnected.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you