Wayne.B

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:52:40 +1100, "K. Smith"
wrote:

you still haven't got the ol' mug
back yet & to everyones' chagrin the bloody landlocked Swiss now have it!!!!

Scuttlebut among the NYYC members that I know is that they were glad
to lose it to someone. It was costing them entirely too much money to
defend every 4 years. When they were racing in Newport, RI however it
was practically in our cruising backyard and we could take in the
racing once in awhile. Unfortunately the front stairway at the NYYC
looks a little empty without the cup there.