mulroys

"BSCHNAUTZ" wrote in message
I was wondering if anybody ever tried Trex or a similar wood fiber/
polyetheline matrix matieral as a replacement for wood decking?

I've wondered that too.

I got tired of replacing my front porch every three years with
salt-treated
pine because it would rot out in no time because of facing the hot evening
sun,
and catching rain and all the elements.
I wen't with wood/fiber 8 years ago,a nd it's been absolutely great.

I went with copper napthenate treated doug fir for my household deck , and I
wish I'd sprung for the Trex. We live in Eugene, OR. The deck gets soaked
once a day for eight months, and then scorched by the sun for four.

Even with biannual cleanings and sealings, it's starting to look nasty after
only two years. That's what got me thinking about a synthetic product for
the boat.