Doug Dotson

I've never seen a varnished cabin sole with non-skid. Usually they
are just a beautiful slippery-when-whet finish. In order to protect the
finish, and deaden the engine noise, we put hull-to-hull carpeting in
the pilothouse and we have several throw rugs in the salon. We
attached some non-skid fabric to the bottom to keep them from
slipping around. West Marine sells rolls of the stuff.

Doug
s/v CAllista

"larry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to re-varnish the cabin sole and am concerned about traction
in wet conditions. Should I add a non slip maerial such as walnut
shells or micro balloons? If so, given a 4 coat application, which
coat should contain what additive? TIA Larry