....Ken

"Douglas St. Clair" wrote in message
Hi There -

I'm sure there's a proper name for it, but I'll be damned if I know it.

I'm
referring to the striped-decking you see on classic wooden boats. I know
some people simply stripe a plywood decking to make it appear like
individual boards, but I'm interested in the real deal.

I would guess that there's a technique for filling the voids with a

colored
(white) epoxy before sealing the entire deck. Does anybody know of a good
source for a tutorial on doing this, either online or book form?
.

Thanks!!
Doug

Do a google search on 'teak decking' and you will find a fair bit of info. A
3M adhesive called 5200 is a good
material to glue the decking down with and Sikaflex 281 LOT for the
caulking. I would cut in a 'rabbet' on each decking piece to later fill with
caulking.

good luck.......Ken