Doug Dotson

Lots of boats here in the boat yard setting up on stands winter after winter
in wind, rain, snow, etc with no major problems.

Doug

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
people have been doing it in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Manitoba,
Ontario
and Quebec for more than sixty years. The last time I heard any claim
such
_could_ be a problem was back in the late 50's, and then the guy making
the
claim was a guy who sold aluminum fishing boats.

hey, it's about 30 degrees F. here, and pretty soon I'll hafve to move my
17
ft. Fiberglass I/O to a new location. and by that time, it will be well
around
0 f.

When it's that cold, do I have a chance of temperature cracking or doing
other
damage to the hull? The boat is on an EZ-Load roller trailer, and I'll be
moving it about 6 mi. over a horrible, but yet, not-so-smooth pavement.

If there is danger of stress, are there any precautions I can and should
take?
THANKS!

Tim