Dennis Pogson

Remove "nospam" from return address.
"Pascal Goncalves" wrote in message
om...
This is not my problem, because I have a GpsMap76 and a GpsMap
276C with BlueChart, but I have the folowing question for a friend:

"If I have a laptop PC and wish to use it to plan and navigate real
time using MapSource BlueChart and the new nRoute, but I have an old
Garmin Gps Receiver that is not a mapping unit, like the G12XL or the
old yelow eTrex, or if I have a old mapping unit like GIII+, all of
wich are not "BlueChart Compatible" in the sense that these units
cannot have Mapsource Blue chart maps loaded on its memory, it would
still be possible to buy a BlueChart CD, and unlock it to these gps
units? This will work?"

Thanks

Pascal

P.S. Any expereinces with the new firmaware 2.94 Beta on GpsMap276C?

It depends whether the Blue Chart CD software is compatible to run with the
OS, be it Windows or Linux etc. If the stuff on the CD is only compatible to
run on one of the enhanced-memory Garmins, I doubt whether it would run on a
laptop.

There are many excellent PC/laptop GPS programmes, but not compatible as far
as I know with Blue Charts.

Anyway lots of other charts are available, so why bother with Blue Charts?

---