Richard Curtis

Default Night vision scope

I too, tried a second generation. My boy and I carried a first and a second
gen unit to the house overnight. They ARE junk in the real world. I also
have a Sony video camera with NightShot(c). It works better. The third
generation, which is really good is just too much money for my use, hince
the video camera.
"Almus Kenter" wrote in message
Peter Janssen wrote:
: I need some advise on purchasing a night vision scope (1st generation).
: Possible candidates a
: - Newcon MB-3
: - Rigel 1100
: - ATN Night Leopard
: - ATN Night Storm

: Can anybody, preferably from own experiences with one or more of these
: scopes, advise me on wich one to buy regarding the quality of the image?
: Advise about other scopes, reviews, etc. are also welcome!

: Thanks in advance,

: Kind regards,

: Peter Janssen, The Netherlands

All the first generation units are pretty poor in terms
of imaging quality; they all have poor contrast, substantial distortion

etc.
I *highly* recommend that you look through them to get an idea of what
you are getting; the pictures in the catalogs showing
extremely clear images of owls, coyotes are a far cry from
what you will see. All the 1st gen ones have simple image intensifiers.
I have compared them with my sony video ccd which has nightshot (tm)
and the video camera is much better. 3d gen microchannel plate units
are another story; imaging (and price) are an order of magnitude
greater.

-A