Pascal Goncalves

Default MapSource BlueChart and the new nRoute

This is not my problem, because I have a GpsMap76 and a GpsMap
276C with BlueChart, but I have the folowing question for a friend:

"If I have a laptop PC and wish to use it to plan and navigate real
time using MapSource BlueChart and the new nRoute, but I have an old
Garmin Gps Receiver that is not a mapping unit, like the G12XL or the
old yelow eTrex, or if I have a old mapping unit like GIII+, all of
wich are not "BlueChart Compatible" in the sense that these units
cannot have Mapsource Blue chart maps loaded on its memory, it would
still be possible to buy a BlueChart CD, and unlock it to these gps
units? This will work?"

Thanks

Pascal

P.S. Any expereinces with the new firmaware 2.94 Beta on GpsMap276C?