Eisboch

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote in message
m...
are these boats holding their value...for, say 20 year old
hulls? how do they stack up with the competitors?

opinions appreciated.....thanx....

My opinion is that they hold their value somewhat better than others, but
mostly because of the name and well marketed reputation of being unsinkable.
At one time that was unique to Whaler, but many other manufacturers have
been building boats in a similar way for many years.

If well cared for, an older Whaler holds it's value, almost as a collector's
item. The hardware and fit/finish is above average. There are also many
older Whalers that are water logged, due to hull porosity or damage. I like
Boston Whalers (I have a 16 foot Dauntless) but if used for near shore ocean
boating, there are other hull designs I'd prefer in terms of soft ride and
dryness compared to the original Whaler hull.

Eisboch