PETER KEATING

Creaping crack cure is ideal for rubber as it's basically liquid latex, more
or less Copydex adhesive. As far as the Dinghy is concerned you have to use
the correct adhesive, here is a link to a supplier,Polymarine Ltd at :-
www.polymarine .co.uk They do everything for dinghies even down to the
material to make your own. Catalogue is very good. HTH Peter
"k" wrote in message
Thanks Eddie..... I was also a bit sceptical about this substance, but as
it's under a fiver, I bought a tube anyway. The packaging does claim it

can
be used for sealing leaky windows amongst many other uses, so I'll give it

go before taking the more costly and drastic route of window seal
replacement.

Thanks for your input though - best regards....Keith

"Edward Bray" wrote in message
Hi Keith,

I may be wrong, but as I understand it Creeping Crack Cure is used to

fill
slight cracks in Gelcoat. I do not think it is suitable for use with

rubber.

Sorry if i'm the bearer of bad news.

Eddie.

"k" wrote in message
OK, thanks for that - I had hoped to avoid renewing/replacing the

seals
simply from a cost and time point of view, but you are probably right

that
short term fixes are just that. I posted this same query in another NG

and
someone suggested using the sinisterly named "Creeping Crack Cure"

liquid.
May give that a go before applying for another mortgage to replace the
seals.
Thanks again....keith

"newsgroups" wrote in message
Have a look in your local Chandlers where you should find a book

detailing
the rubber profiles available. Then renew.
"