Peggie Hall

Pekka Huhta wrote:
I just "happened" to buy all of the tools and equipment of a boatbuilding
shop (And yes, I'm bragging about it whenever I can)

One of the gems that was found in the pile was an old marine head "A.B.
Sands&Sons Co. New York".
What might be the value of the head? What's the history of the company?

AB Sands is more likely to be the bowl mfr...marine toilet mfrs don't
make bowls .they buy 'em from potteries that do (and who also make the
seats/lids...and those potteries do put their names on 'em, leading a
lot of new owners of used boats to think the bowl brand name is the
toilet brand.

The oldest US marine toilet mfr is Wilcox-Crittenden...and it appears to
me to be one of their early models on which someone has used copper pipe
for the flush water intake line and replaced the original discharge
fitting with a stainless elbow. I've forwarded your post with the photos
to someone at W-C who's been around long enough to know if I'm right.

Antique marine toilets don't really have any collectable or antique
value...so the only value the toilet might have is its scrap metal
value, and whatever admiration from other classic boat restorers would
have for it IF you can restore it...which may cost more than whole
toilet cost cost originally.

--
Peggie