-rick-

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote...

Which brings me to one reason for posting this: Is there anyone out there
in rec.boat-land that has a new-ish 9.9 4-stroke that can tell me if this
is "normal"? Does it start first pull, or after 3 or 4? Does it start on
idle? Does it idle when cold? Is there vibration when in gear at idle? And
is there a "lag" as you throttle up?

I have a '00 Honda 15 which is the same displacement as their 9.9. It normally
starts on the 2nd pull when cold. The choke increases idle speed quite a bit
(~2000rpm) so I let it fast idle a while before easing the choke off and
dropping it in gear. It does not idle particularly smoothly but does smooth out
nice just above idle. There's no lag when throttling up. Honda calls for 1100
rpm idle and I usually troll between 1300-1800 using a low pitch prop and a
trolling plate.

It sounds like your choke is suspect, how do your plugs look?

-rick-