Don White

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
I need to haul my boat, using a tractor-trailer rig, from NC to Port
Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia and would like to know the best route.

By best I mean those compromises that most suitably consider: safety,
cost, time, traffic, road conditions & any other constraints worthily
considered.

The boat is about 40' long, 12' high and the rig is about 60' long & GVW
about 50k lbs.

The I-95 seems to be popular. I wonder if there are any restrictions on it.
In Canada, the choice is simplier.
Trans Canada all the way. It's certainly the favorite of all the truckers.
Would your boat be wider than an 18 wheeler?
Why Port Hawkesbury? That's a bit of an industrial area.
A couple of weeks ago I took the family in a rental van (mom, wife, 3
sisters, brother-in-law) and toured Cape Breton keeping an eye out for boat
launches on the Bras d'Or Lakes and Lake Ainslie. Beautiful place in
October...especially on the Cabot Trail.